Friday, July 11, 2014

General Bellyaching and Antsyness

     I've been getting antsy.  Normally I have Wednesdays off so I can do a long run as part of my training.  In the past month and a half I haven't had a Wednesday off.  My schedule has been disrupted by holidays and commitments I had made to friends running races or a mixture of tapering and recovering for/from races.
     I had a real nice rhythm going up until the DWD Gnaw Bone race.  Now it seems like my running and training have been wonky and inconsistent.  My weekly mileage has been fair.  I've gotten about forty miles a week for the last month or so.  I even managed to get about 57 in this past week.  Yet nothing over 13 miles.  This is a respectable amount but it seems like I had to beg, borrow, and steal for the time to get those miles in.  Nothing easy or relaxed in them.  This week I even got up at 5:30 am a couple of times to get some mileage in before work.  The runs were pretty good.  It was nice to know I can get an eight mile run in before work which is always a good option.  Maybe not ideal, but an option.  Perhaps the only solace in the week was getting 100,000' of elevation gain and getting over a thousand miles for the year already.
      Some of my antsyness could be the onset of summer and the heat and humidity that comes with it.  I don't know. It could be that I've been limited to running around the roads of the town I live in.  I just can't wait to get a day where I can get an uncompromised long run under my belt on a trail. Earlier in the year I had a great rhythm going and hope to get that going again.  Hopefully soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment