Friday, February 14, 2014

Stupid f'n two or three day injuries

     Good Lord.  Winter is grinding me down.  I've been developing little annoying injuries that last anywhere from three days to a week.  I'll heal through one with minimal training schedule skipping days only to pick up another the following week.  So far I've been lucky the niggles have developed just prior to a cut down week.  It was no biggie to skip a run in order to healing, rest, catch up on house work, and dog hang out time.
     I can't decide if all these little injuries are a result of all this cold weather running or not.  I just got over a weird stabilization muscle issue in my right shin only to develop a pain in my right knee on my last long run (which bullshittingly cut it short).  The knee thing went away only for me to realize there is a knot in the muscle of the same leg's calf.  I've been trying to figure out if the injury is from running or working out at the gym.  My wife thinks trying to figure it out is stupid and/or crazy.  I guess I'm just a mixture of those two things then.  
     Typically I don't have much going on in my head so that gives me time to analyze my activities.   This causes me to overthink these things a lot.  I don't know if this is normal or not.  It's just what I do.  I guess when I was younger these injuries were instant and their causes were immediately known. Overuse injuries and tired body parts aren't a new thing, but when you add an aging body to the mix....I don't know. 
    Anyway, I'll just keep on keeping on.
    

No comments:

Post a Comment